3. Only after the designated anti-virus software (Symantec) is installed can users have Internet access.
4. Computer labs are allocated in accordance with the network segment assigned by the network center. All computers are arranged according to a certain rule or regulation for troubleshooting.
5. Proxy servers are installed in the computer lab; Internet behaviors are to be regulated; filtering software is to be installed or set.
6. Installation of certain download tools are banned such as BT, E-mule and etc.
7. Contact the network center when malfunction occurs. Any changes to the connection or network configuration without permission are strictly forbidden.
8. Any Internet behaviors of students must be under the guidance and supervision of teachers and the management personnel in order to ensure that students won’t browse, produce or transmit harmful information. Computer-use records including students’ ID cards, valid ID card and real name registration are to be kept for at least 60 days.
9. Everyday management of the computer lab must be supervised by its upper level; and network security checks are to be done from time to time.
The provisions above are to ensure a stable, safe and smooth operation of the campus network. Any violations of them will lead to a cutoff of the network by the school network center, which, with its own rights and obligations, requires the rectification within a time limit. The restoring is done only after passing the check.